Two chapters to go!

Almost done reading “Remote”, two chapters to go! Next, “Rework” by the same authors (borrowed from the library).

On another note, I think this photo is one of my favourites.

Published via Pressgram

Parade’s End – Progress

Reading “Parade’s End”. Christopher Tietjens and Valentine Wannop arguing about Latin. It’s stuffy with the semantics, but I understand it. It was of some personal interest to learn about the variations in teaching and interpretation of Latin pronunciation and translation.

I found the book initially challenging to read, since it’s steam-of-consciousness and not exactly linear, but it seems to get easier as I go on.

Published via Pressgram

“Reaching Out”

20131126-192158.jpg

Every weekend, Discover Pressgram posts a new and exciting photo challenge for Pressgram users; last weekend’s was mirrored images. I knew that I wanted to capture something really unique, even though I didn’t know what it was at the time.

I was delighted to learn today that my photo had made the cut and that I had won! I really appreciate Jacob’s feedback and it prompted me to detail how I made the photo and my inspiration behind it. You can read the post here.

My inspiration for the photo:

When I took the photo and later worked on editing it, my thoughts were a combination of Alice going to Wonderland through the looking glass and of that scene in the “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” movie in which Harry’s mother (in the Mirror of Erised) puts her hand on his shoulder. It seems that some of those thoughts were ultimately channelled into the photo!

I also go on to say that I used Diptic to flip the photo (something I forgot to include) and also that I edited out some distracting background clutter with an app called TouchRetouch. Included in the post on Discover Pressgram, I used Snapseed (probably my absolute favourite photo editing app) and used two Pressgram filters.

To use two filters, I uploaded the photo in Pressgram and saved it with the first filter (XP1) to my camera roll; I then uploaded the saved photo and applied the second filter (BL1) before finally publishing the photo.